CLAP-TECH Pathway is an education model that incorporates career and life development in its curriculum throughout the five-year journey with emphasis on nurturing both knowledge and attributes ubiquitously essential to all workplaces.
The types of job and the nature of work are rapidly transformed by technologies. Employees need more than just technical skills and qualifications to succeed. CLAP-TECH Pathway has integrated 10 essential attributes that are highly valued by employers into the programme design to prepare our students for the journey ahead.
Analytical Thinking divides complex problems into smaller components that can be more readily studied, compared, and solved.
- Tackles complex problems, using innovative approaches to solve them
- Anticipate challenges and address them early
- Pursue an in-depth understanding of a given issue or topic be reflective
- Be reﬂective
Collaboration is the coming together of individuals with varying talents as a joint community to work towards accomplishing a shared goal.
- Listen to opinions
- Observe other’s strengths and leverage them towards a common goal
Communication is the delivering of information from one place to another. In can be done in multiple formats.
- Be professional in your written, verbal, and physical communication
- Be clear and concise
Curiosity is seeking out new learning to become more informed and well-rounded individuals.
- Seek out new knowledge
- Stay informed about the larger world around you, and the forces shaping it
Integrity is the practice of being honest and showing a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values.
- Develop a code of conduct for how the team will work together
- Learn how to describe and analyse positions on ethical issues
Leadership is the act of guiding people while remaining accountable to team members, organizations, and the wider community.
- Keep the best interest of the community in mind
- Be proactive
- Listen to constructive criticism
Motivation is what provides and drives an individual to accomplishments.
- Commit to continuous improvement and learning
- Be willing to take risks
Resilience is the capacity to recover from difficult life events.
- Research different resources when challenged by adversity
- Track challenges faced, attempts made, and how challenges were overcome
Responsibility is a duty or obligation to satisfactorily perform or complete a task (assigned by someone, or created by one’s own promise or circumstances) that one must fulfill.
- Share your ideas with others
- Be ethical, trustworthy and responsible in your relationships to your work and to others
- Present views and arguments respectfully
Self-management is the ability to regulate emotion and self-discipline to cope with daily tasks and stress.
- Be organized and prioritize your tasks
- Be timely
- Be accountable
- Be adaptable and ﬂexible